Each national contest will be able promote ten images into the international level of contest. The international jury, made up of at least five members with different skills and backgrounds, will determine the winners of this final round out of the nominated images and award the prizes.
National juries need to send their results to the international team by 15th Novmeber 2014, and the International results will be published by 15th December 2014.
The jury will determine the winners of the international contest taking into the consideration the following criteria (in no particular order):
- Technical quality (sharpness, use of light, perspective etc.);
- Usefulness of the image for Wikipedia.
International Jury members
The international jury consists of several Wikipedians and Professional photographers, including:
* Yan Nasonov - Long time Wikipedian and Wikimedian, contributor to Wikimedia Commons.
* Deror Lin - Long time Wikipedian and Wikimedian, organizer of Wikimania in Haifa, and head of the Wikimania Programme Committee since, amateur photographer, and longtime contributor to Wikimedia Commons.
* Pierre-Selim Huard – Long time Wikipedian and Wikimedian, an engineer in green aviation development but also a dedicated amateur photographer, and contributes high quality pictures to Wikimedia Commons in topics such as sports, museum items and cultural heritage monuments.
* Gillian White - Long time Wikipedian and Wikimedian, and art historian, former Wikipedian in Residence at the State Library of New South Wales, Australia.
* Elio Grazioli - Professor of History of Contemporary Art at University of Bergamo, Italy. Elio is an Italian art critic and has a specific expertise in photography as writer and as curator of the festival of european photography of reggio emilia since 2007.
* Iolanda Pensa - Long time Wikipedian and Wikimedian, art critic and researcher at SUPSI University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland.